Basilica Grief Ministry
Grief Ministry at the Basilica of Saint Mary offers support for anyone in the community who is experiencing the loss of a friend or family member through death. When we lose a loved one, grief can turn our life routine inside out. Sadness, confusion, shock and loneliness may occur.
Sometimes it is important to talk; sometimes just to listen.
Trained volunteers will send cards and letters, make phone calls and provide referral resources to other support ministries in the community.
For many, grief support helps the journey toward healing after the loss of a loved one.
If you or someone you know has experienced loss, we want to offer you our prayers, concern and support.
See the schedule of meetings. Call the Downtown Coalition for Grief Support at 612.317.3454.
Contact Cathy Edwards for more information.
You will walk into a room full of people who understand what you’re going through.
- They'll get you through the first months, holidays, and anniversaries.
- You can come whenever you need solace and support.
- You can speak of your loved one, no matter how much time has passed.
Are you nervous about attending for the first time?
For some, it's not easy to go to a support group meeting. Know that there are no expectations. What you say. What you do. Whether you share. It is all up to you.
This is a safe place filled with people just like you — people who have been devastated and surprised by the magnitude of their losses.
- Volunteers acknowledge the anniversary of a loss with cards and letters, expressing the support and prayers of The Basilica community.
- We make calls and offer resources to those grieving the loss of a loved one.