Providing hospitality, support, prayer, and a listening ear
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 9:30–11:30am, first come, first served basis. Lower Level of The Basilica
What type of assistance do we provide?
- Each category of assistance is provided once every 12 months to Minneapolis residents.
- Bus cards for those with new jobs (letter from employer required).
- Gas cards once every 12 months (valid driver’s license required).
- Thrift store vouchers for clothing and housewares.
- Identification fees or a driver’s license, state identification card, or birth certificate.
- Referrals to other agencies for job search support and other goods and services.
- Bus tickets to an out-of-town funeral for an immediate family member. Limit two per family. One-way only.
How do I obtain assistance?
Apply in person on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9:30–11:30am in the Lower Level of The Basilica; first come first served.
Please bring the following with you:
- Picture ID
- Proof of residency in the city of Minneapolis, such as a piece of mail or a letter from a Minneapolis shelter.
- Documentation required for the particular assistance needed (as listed above).