Deepening your faith
Faith is a constant gift from God. It is offered to us at our baptism and over and over again throughout our lives. It grows and deepens as we experience life.
Join The Basilica community as we learn and journey with one another in our Catholic faith.
- Contact Paula Kaempffer with questions about any of our programs and speakers.
- Please register for events so we can provide the best hospitality and be well-prepared. Register online, or call 612.317.3414 to register by phone.
Anyone is welcome to join the weekly RCIA sessions. They are Tuesday evening from September through the Easter Searson. Each week we bring in professors from the many Catholic colleges and universities in the Twin City area. These presentations are outstanding and are open to anyone interested in attending. Presentations are 6:45-7:30PM. You are welcome to visit, listen, learn, and experience good theology. Upcoming topics include:
- January 2 - The Eucharist
- January 9 - Sacraments of Service: Marriage and Holy Orders
- January 16 - Moral Decision-making
- January 23 - Sacraments of Healing: Reconciliation and Annointing
- January 30 - no session
- February 6 - How Do I Live as Jesus Lived?
- February 13 - no session
Adult Bible Study
A bible study focusing on the Lenten Gospels will be held on Monday mornings from 10:30-11:00am. All are then invited to attend Mass at 12:00pm. Sessions begin on Monday, February 12. More information and registration is listed below.
Join us for these sessions presented by scholars from Saint John’s School of Theology-Seminary. Also presented at Saint John’s University and other locations in the Twin Cities and out-of-state. Click here for the full schedule, and see below for information about the upcoming session at The Basilica.
Minneapolis Multi-Faith Network
(formerly known as the Minneapolis Interfaith Forum)
Through a new organization called The Minneapolis Multi-Faith Network (MMN), we are working alongside downtown Minneapolis religious communities on some of the most pressing social justice matters this city is facing. This multi-faith network builds friendships and opportunities to learn about others' faith while participants pursue the common good together. Click here to view a short video about MMN.
Please visit the Minneapolis Multi-Faith Network website to learn more about this orgranization and upcoming events.
- The Basilica of Saint Mary
- Temple Israel
- Masjid An-Nur Mosque
- Westminster Presbyterian Church
- Plymouth Congregational Church
- Islamic Community Center of Minnesota/Masjid-Al-Iman
- First Universalist Church of Minneapolis
- First Covenant Church
- First Unitarian Society of Minneapolis
- Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church
- Church of the Ascension