"The Basilica of Saint Mary is a community rooted in the gospel of Jesus Christ."
As disciples of Jesus Christ we
- Practice biblical stewardship,
- Share our faith with others in word and deed,
- Pursue ecumenical and interfaith relationships,
- Extend Christian hospitality, and
- Rejoice in rich diversity.
As Co-Cathedral of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis we are committed to provide:
- Inspiring liturgies and sacred arts,
- Transforming life-long learning opportunities, and
- Engaging service to one another and justice for all.
Seek the well-being of the city to which I have sent you. Pray for it to the Lord. For in seeking its well-being, you shall find your own. - Jeremiah 29:7
The Basilica of Saint Mary aspires to be a:
- Home of Spiritual Nourishment - We aspire to be a place where all may be touched by beauty, be nourished in their faith and be inspired by truth.
- Beacon of Hope - We commit to welcome everyone with respect and dignity and to provide help and care, especially to those most in need.
- Advocate for Change - We pledge to work toward justice, peace and equality for all and to promote the protection of all of creation.
As a community rooted in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we profess values critical to our parish culture and character. As we strive to achieve our vision and mission, these values form the basis of our behavior and are a motivational force.
Spirituality: knowing that everything comes from God we seek God's will in all we do and we find inspiration in the communal and personal search for and experiences of God.
Biblical Stewardship: based on our biblical calling we care for all God has entrusted to us including our material and spiritual blessings, our communities, our earth and environment, our relationships and our selves.
Compassion: aware of our shared brokenness we deeply respect all of creation as God's own and we gratefully welcome all as Christ in our midst as we share hospitality, love, acceptance and care.
Community: because Jesus calls us to be one we invite and encourage meaningful interaction among parishioners, our staff and the broader community as we work toward greater understanding of and respect for one another.