Share our knowledge, talent, love and experience to serve others
“As a body is one though it has many parts, and all the parts of the body, though many, are one body, so also Christ. For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body…” Saint Paul’s first letter to the church in Corinth.
The Church needs all its members.
Our gifts encompass all of what makes us who we are:
- Spiritual gifts
- Natural talents
- Learned skills
- Life experiences
- Interests and passions
How can you recognize and explore your gifts?
- Take The Basilica’s online gift survey. Identify your three strongest spiritual gifts, along with suggested ministries that might be a good fit.
- Reflect on what pursuits or activities energize you. What about them is energizing?
- Ask people who know you well to share their observations.
- Think about how you like to work – alone or on a team, behind the scenes or in the middle of the action.
- Use formal assessments such as the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Holland Type Indicator, or the Gallup Strengths Finder.
Stewardship of our Gifts Prayer
God of love and mercy, you call us to be your people,
you gift us with your abundant grace.
Make us a holy people, radiating the fullness of your love.
Form us into a community a people who care,
expressing your compassion.
Remind us day after day of our baptismal call to serve,
with joy and courage,
Teach us how to grow in wisdom and grace and joy in your presence.
Through Jesus and in your Spirit, we make this prayer. Amen
From Called and Gifted for the Third Millennium
United States Conference of Catholic Bishops