Responding to the needs of people experiencing or at risk of homelessness is one of The Basilica's strategic areas of focus.
In response to the Drake Shelter fire, please consider the following opportunities to help those in need.
- Volunteer to support and care for families that are homeless staying at The Basilica through the week of January 19. To volunteer, contact Julia.
- Volunteer at the Mulit Agency Resource Center (MARC) the Red Cross is setting up for families displaced by the fire. To volunteer, go to www.1stcov.org/volunteer
- Advocate for more shelter and affordable housing in our community. Visit the information table in the Lower Level of The Basilica after Mass January 19 to fill out a postcard to send to the Minneapolis City Council.
Financial donations can be given directly to the following response organizations:
- Minneapolis Foundation donations support the immediate and long-term needs of the residents and families impacted by the fire.
- Red Cross
- The Basilica St. Vincent de Paul donations will help The Basilica support individuals and families who are homeless throughout this crisis.