There are many ways to become involved in Liturgical Ministries at The Basilica!
All Liturgical Ministers play an important role in strengthening The Basilica's mission to be a welcoming and inclusive community traveling together, with God's grace, on a journey of faith. Volunteer ministries include:
- Acolyte (altar servers) have the unique privilege of serving God at the altar. Acolytes serve Mass once a month on a team and training is provided.
- Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion (Eucharistic ministers) Eucharistic Ministry is open to registered parish members who have been confirmed in the Catholic Church required. Teams serve once a month and training is provided
- Lectors proclaim the Word of God during the liturgy. This ministry is open to all members of the community; selection is by audition and lectors for each week attend a mandatory rehearsal on Tuesdays, 6:00-7:00pm.
- Minister of Hospitality (ushers) Greet members and guests before Mass, receive the collection, distribute leaflets and newsletters. Training is provided. Commitment is one Sunday a month.
Please contact Melissa Streit for information on any of these roles.
We also offer flexible volunteer opportunities with our Liturgical Environment and Altar Guild teams.
- The Altar Guild cares for the vessels, vestments, shrines, and chapels of The Basilica on a regular basis (often weekly). Training is provided and you can select an area that interests you.
- Liturgical Environment volunteers help decorate the church for the various liturgical seasons. Register for these upcoming Liturgical Environment decorating days:
Saturday, November 26, 8:30am-noon. Help to prepare The Basilica for the Advent season
Friday, December 23, 8:30am-3pm. Help to prepare The Basilica for the Christmas season