Celebrating the Paschal Mystery
The Paschal Cycle comprises three distinct periods:
- Lent, which is the time of preparation
- Holy week with the Sacred Triduum
- Easter Tide which is a time of great celebration ending with Pentecost
During Easter we focus on:
- the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ
- and our incorporation in his resurrection by virtue of our baptism.
Follolwing a week of intense prayer which forms the heart of the liturgical year. We invite you to join us in these beautiful liturgies celebrating our highest holy day.
All liturgies are livestreamed unless indicated otherwise.
Easter Sunday - April 17, 2022
7:30am Eucharist (in person only)
9:30am Solemn Eucharist, celebrabant Archbishop Bernard Hebda
11:30am Solemn Eucharist
5:000pm Eucharist (in person only)
The celebration of the Resurrection of the Lord stretches out over 50 days. It is to be a time of great joy and celebration.
- Easter Sunday is the culmination of the Easter Triduum. Today we celebrate the Resurrection of the Lord. The liturgies on this day are among the most visually splendid of the whole year.
Ascension of the Lord traditionally celebrated on the 40th day of Easter but transferred to the following Sunday, commemorates Jesus' ascent into heaven and his promise that one day he will return.
Pentecost, or the 50th day, is the last day of Easter tide. It is the day when we commemorate the descent of the Holy Spirit on the Apostles and celebrate the birth of the church.