All are invited to participate in The Basilica’s Employment Ministry.
For an intake appointment, please contact Janet Grove or call 612.317.3508. Following the intake:
• You will receive regular job postings from a variety of sources
• You will receive notices of free workshops at The Basilica and throughout the Twin Cities area
• You will be able to sign up to meet with Job Coaches who can help you with your job search
We look forward to working with you.
Employment Ministry members have access to:
- Job coaches — Get one-on-one assistance with resume writing, interviewing, transitions, and self-assessment.
- Free Employment Ministry workshops — Timely topics to help you find your next job. Registration required.
- Community networking — Connect with Basilica members already employed in your desired career field.
- Job leads notifications — Receive e-mail updates several times each week.
- Lists of online resources — Access job boards, job search web sites and local government web sites.
Behind the Mask: Understanding Invisible Disabilities
On March 15, 2021 The Basilica Employment Ministry presented this free virtual workshop, led by Cindy Edwards and Annie Montemayor. The unique workshop was developed to:
- Educate people on the most common invisible disabilities in the workforce today
- Provide data correlating to the future workforce and invisible disabilities
- Discuss how to build a culture of disability awareness and acceptance
- Give resources on understanding when to refer, disclosure rights, privacy and options that protect people with invisible disabilities
- Promote self-advocacy; helping people understand steps for requesting reasonable accommodations
- Teach conversation skills for discussing invisible disabilities in the workplace and beyond
**Click HERE for a recording of the workshop**
Employment Ministry Volunteer Appreciation!
Please enjoy this video shout out to the wonderful volunteers that make the Employment Ministry all that it is.
Get the support you need during your job transition:
You don’t have to do it alone. Numerous organizations have excellent support groups and resources to help you find a job.
- Wooddale Church
- Minnesota WorkForce Center — workshops, trainings, networking, job listings, career fairs and more