We are called by Christ to respond to the mental health needs of our faith community members.
Do you need someone to talk to?
If you or someone you know is struggling with a mental health issue, we can put you in touch with someone who can help.
Contact Janet Grove.
The Mental Health Ministry recognizes that…
- A person's religious faith and spirituality are part of the overall treatment and recovery process
- Secrecy, shame, stigma, and denial are among the great problems surrounding mental illness
- Mental illness causes great pain and anguish for the individual and the community
- Education — of the person, the parish and our community — can alleviate some of this pain
Alzheimer’s and Dementia Virtual Brown Bag Lunch Series
Wednesdays, Noon-1:00pm via Zoom
The Basilica Mental Health Ministry and the Alzheimer’s Association of Minnesota-North Dakota invite you to attend a virtual Brown Bag Lunch Series on Alzheimer’s and Dementia. All classes are held on Zoom from Noon-1:00pm:
Registration required to receive login details. For questions, please contact Janet Grove.
Behind the Mask: Understanding Invisible Disabilities
On March 15, 2021 The Basilica Employment Ministry presented this free virtual workshop, led by Cindy Edwards and Annie Montemayor. The unique workshop was developed to:
- Educate people on the most common invisible disabilities in the workforce today
- Provide data correlating to the future workforce and invisible disabilities
- Discuss how to build a culture of disability awareness and acceptance
- Give resources on understanding when to refer, disclosure rights, privacy and options that protect people with invisible disabilities
- Promote self-advocacy; helping people understand steps for requesting reasonable accommodations
- Teach conversation skills for discussing invisible disabilities in the workplace and beyond
*Here is a link to the recording of this workshop.*
National Alliance on Mental Illness of Minnesota (NAMI), 651.645.2948
Community Outreach for Psychiatric Emergencies (COPE), 612.596.1223
Metro Area Mental Health Crisis Response
Anoka County 763.755.3801
Carver/Scott County 952.442.7601
Dakota County 952.891.7171
Washington County 651.777.5222
Ramsey County Adult 651.266.7900
Crisis Connection, 612.379.6363
Senior Linkage Line, 1.800.333.2433
Alzheimer's Association, 1.800.272.3900
Mental Health Connect, 612.312.3377
Westminster Counseling Center, 612.332.7743