We are called by Christ to respond to the mental health needs of our faith community members.
Do you need someone to talk to?
If you or someone you know is struggling with a mental health issue, we can put you in touch with someone who can help.
Contact Janet Grove.
The Mental Health Ministry recognizes that…
- A person's religious faith and spirituality are part of the overall treatment and recovery process
- Secrecy, shame, stigma, and denial are among the great problems surrounding mental illness
- Mental illness causes great pain and anguish for the individual and the community
- Education — of the person, the parish and our community — can alleviate some of this pain
The Basilica of Saint Mary Mental Health Ministry presents
A Year of Mindful Activities to Cultivate and Strengthen Our Mental Health by focusing each month on one way to do this:
January 28 1:00 - 3:00 pm: Focus on Advocacy - Prisoners or Patients: Smarter Ways to Address Mental Health and Public Safety
February 4, 11, 18, 25 at 2:00 pm: Focus on Movies that Bring Us Joy, Our Annual Film Festival
- February 4 – The Palm Beach Story
- February 11 – Sense and Sensibility
- February 18 – Paddington 2
- February 25 – Miracle
March 4 1:00 - 3:00 pm: Focus on Stillness and Peace
April 29 1:00 - 3:00 pm: Focus on Music and Movement
May: Date TBD: Focus on Nature: Making a Mandala
June 11 after 9:30 and 11:30 am Liturgies Focus on Tying it All Together: Annual All-Parish Blessing and Ice Cream Social
Check HERE to sign up and recieve information about The Basilica’s Focus on Mental Health: A Year of Mindful Activities to Cultivate and Strengthen Our Mental Health.