St. Vincent de Paul Outreach Ministry is open for Minneapolis residents on:
Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30-11:30am in the lower level of the Basilica (first come, first served).
Services provided at this time are:
- Bus cards for verifiable new jobs
- ID vouchers for state ID, driver’s license, and birth certificates from any state
- Gas cards for licensed drivers
- Hygiene items
- Rent Assistance (offered before 10:45 am)
Guests should bring photo ID (does not have to be government issued) and a current piece of mail. Those staying in a shelter should bring a shelter verification form.
For help with rent - The Basilica provides an emergency rental assistance program with Align Minneapolis.
To apply you must:
- Live in the city limits of Minneapolis
- Not owe back rent more than three months or over $4,000
- Not need the help for 1st month rent and/or deposit
- Not be in a court-ordered eviction process or court-ordered payment plan
- Have been denied for assistance from Hennepin County
If you are interested in rent assistance, please bring the following items with you as your rent application cannot be processed without these items:
- Photo identification
- Lease or legal rental agreement
- Hennepin County denial letter for Emergency Assistance/Emergency General Assistance
- Proof of income, such as employment or any public assistance
- Late rent notice from landlord
- Document of crisis that led to back-due rent, for example but not limited to
- Receipt for emergence car repairs
- Medical report of injury and proof of income loss
- Receipt for travel expense for funeral
- Unemployment statement for termination letter
If you have additional rent assistance questions, visit the Align Minneapolis or call 612-703-9978.