At this time, in an abundance of caution and to protect people from possible exposure to the Coronavirus, we have suspended this program.
Providing hospitality, support, prayer, and a listening ear
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 9:30–11:30am, first come, first served basis. Lower Level of The Basilica
What type of assistance do we provide?
Each category of assistance is provided once every 12 months to Minneapolis residents.
- Bus cards for those with new jobs (letter from employer required)
- Gas cards (valid driver’s license required)
- Thrift store vouchers for clothing and housewares.
- Vouchers for driver’s licenses, state identification cards, or birth certificates.
- Referrals to other agencies for job search support and other goods and services.
- Bus tickets to an out-of-town funeral for an immediate family member
- Parent, child, sibling, spouse
- Limit two per family
- One-way only
- Must live in 55401, 55402, 55403, 55405,or 55411 zip codes
- must present valid lease and income statement
- Home visit/assessment required
- Sorry, no beds
How do I obtain assistance?
Apply in person on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9:30–11:30am in the Lower Level of The Basilica; first come, first served.
Please bring the following with you:
- Picture ID
- Proof of residency in the city of Minneapolis, such as a piece of mail or a letter from a Minneapolis shelter.
- Documentation required for the particular assistance needed (as listed above).