St. Vincent de Paul Outreach Ministry is open for Minneapolis residents on:
Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30-11:30am in the lower level of the Basilica (first come, first served).
Services provided at this time are:
- Bus cards for verifiable new jobs
- ID vouchers for state ID, driver’s license, and birth certificates from any state
- Gas cards for licensed drivers
- Hygiene items
- Rent Assistance (offered before 10:45 am)
Guests should bring photo ID (does not have to be government issued) and a current piece of mail. Those staying in a shelter should bring a shelter verification form.
For help with rent - The Basilica provides an emergency rental assistance program with Align Minneapolis.
To apply you must:
- Live in the city limits of Minneapolis
- Have been denied for assistance from Hennepin County
- Not need the help for 1st month rent and/or deposit
- Not be in a court-ordered eviction process or court-ordered payment plan
If you are interested in rent assistance, please bring the following items with you as your rent application cannot be processed without these items:
- Photo identification
- Lease or legal rental agreement
- Hennepin County denial letter for Emergency Assistance/Emergency General Assistance
- Proof of income, such as employment or any public assistance
- Late rent notice from landlord
- Document of crisis that led to back-due rent, for example but not limited to
- Receipt for emergence car repairs
- Medical report of injury and proof of income loss
- Receipt for travel expense for funeral
- Unemployment statement for termination letter
If you have additional rent assistance questions, visit the Align Minneapolis or call 612-703-9978.