At this time, in an abundance of caution and to protect people from possible exposure to the Coronavirus, we have suspended this program.
The Basilica St. Vincent de Paul Shoe Ministry doesn’t just help with shoes–we help with HOPE! Many Shoe Ministry guests need basic footwear, but some need certain, specific footwear to work in the construction field or in restaurants but can’t afford the required shoes…but we can help.
Our shoe vouchers may be redeemed for steel-toed boots for construction work and non-skid shoes for those with restaurant jobs–thus putting people to work in our community. Thank you to everyone who supports St. Vincent de Paul Shoe Ministry–going strong for more than two decades!
Serving our neighbors who need shoes or boots
Since 1988, we’ve provided over 200,000 pairs of shoes to children and adults in Minneapolis.
- Mondays and Saturdays, 9:30-11:00am, Teresa of Calcutta Hall - First Come, first served basis
What kind of help do we give?
- Shoe vouchers redeemable at the Lake Street K-mart are available once every 12 months.
How do I obtain assistance?
Apply in person in Teresa of Calcutta Hall in the undercroft on Mondays or Saturdays from 9:30-11:00am; first come, first served.
- Each adult guest needs to be present.
- Children under 18 years of age do not need to be present. A medical card, Social Security card, birth certificate, or other form of ID must be provided for each child.
Please bring the following documentation:
- A picture ID.
- Proof of residency in 55401, 55402, 55403, 55405, or 55411 zip codes. This may be a utility bill or other piece of mail dated within 30 days of receiving the shoe voucher.
- Minneapolis shelter or transitional housing residents need a letter from shelter. (The shelter must be in the city limits of Minneapolis (no suburbs), but does not need to meet the zip code requirement.)
If you live outside of our service boundaries you are always welcome for fellowship, coffee, conversation, and prayer.