Faith Formation Registration for Children and Youth
Welcome to The Basilica of Saint Mary Children’s and Youth Ministries!
We are glad you are here and look forward to working with your family. We have a new curriculum and plan for our programs this fall.
- Classes for the 2022-2023 program year start on Sunday, September 25 and run through the week of April 30.
- Early registration is appreciated and very helpful in planning for our program year.
- Please opt in to emails on your MyBasilica profile. We will communicate with you using this tool. If you have opted out of emails from The Basilica, you will not receive important Faith Formation communications.
- You will receive a confirmation email upon registration. In late August, we will distribute additional information and a Program Calendar.
- We welcome all children and youth into our programs! If a section happens to fill up, we will try to find a spot amenable for your child and your family. We do need to maintain a ratio of 2:16 or 3:24 adults per children/youth. If a class size does not have enough adults to meet the ratio we close the class until more volunteers are found.
If you have any questions about any of the following, please contact the Learning Department
- Children and Youth Ministry programs
- First Reconciliation/First Eucharist preparations
- Confirmation preparations
- Cost is $125.00 per child, includes curriculum, classroom supplies, and materials. Maximum of $375/family. If you meet the family maximum cost, please register and pay for three of your children online and then contact the Learning Department to register your additional children.
- Sacramental preparation payments for First Communion/First Reconciliation are in addition to class registration fees. If your child(ren) will be completing First Reconciliation/First Eucharist, please make sure to sign them up for the appropriate grade(s) in Faith Formation if they are not enrolled in Catholic School. (Additional parish policies for sacramental preparation can be found on our website under Sacraments.)
- Payment is made at the time of registration.
- Scholarships and payment plans are available; no one will be turned away due to inability to pay. Please contact the Learning Department before registering to inquire about these options.
- Volunteer catechists and classroom helpers are allowed full scholarships for the weekly programs for their children. Please contact the Learning Department if you are interested in this opportunity.
Please select all classes for which you will be registering your child(ren) in addition to sacramental preparation.
- First Reconciliation / First Eucharist
Children preparing for both sacraments must be in at least Grade 2 and should also be registered in our Faith Formation program OR attending a Catholic School. Please review the complete registration policies at www.mary.org/firstreconciliation and www.mary.org/firsteucharist.
The Archdiocese requires all Confirmation preparation to take place in the home parish where the teen will be celebrating the sacrament. Parents/Sponsors are required to come to a meeting in the Fall and again in the Spring. Please read our sacrament policy for other attendance and service requirements.