Can We Work Together to End Homelessness?
Zoom recordings of our June 25, 2022 Experiencing Homelessness in our Community forum:
- Cathy ten Broeke: Executive Director, Minnesota Interagency Council on Homelessness - Click HERE
- David Hewitt: Director, Hosing Stability - Hennepin County - Click HERE
- Katie Dillon: Director, Align Minneapolis - Click HERE
CLM Assessment Process Summary
Building upon our most recent strategic plan, we have initiated an assessment process that reviews our ministries through the lens of addressing homelessness.
Click HERE for an executive summary of the process starting in 2020 through March 2022 and next steps.
Zoom recording of our January 16, 2021 presenation:
Listen to a recording of the program with presentations by:
- Cathy ten Broeke: Minnesota State Director to Prevent and End Homelessness
- Tyra Thomas: a leader of Street Voices of Change (SVoC), an Align Mpls program
- Londel French: Minneapolis PA.kark & Recreation Board Commissioner
Resources from 1/16/2021 Event:
- PowerPoint Presentation by Cathy tenBoeke:
- Shelter Residents Bill of Rights:
- Align Minneapolis Winter Campaign: Pursuing Housing Justice
Align Minneapolis (formerly Downtown Congregations to End Homelessness, DCEH)
Align Minneapolis is an interfaith collaboration of 17 downtown Minneapolis churches, synagogues and mosques working together to end homelessness and poverty. Align Minneapolis focuses on shifting from an immediate needs approach to long term solutions through a combination of education, advocacy and action. Through learning and volunteer opportunities for congregants, community partnerships, and development of effective strategies and programs, Align Minneapolis is committed to impacting the community around us to end homelessness.
There will always be people who are homeless. But, we can change the system so fewer people fall into homelessness and more people move out of homelessness quickly.
- Prevention costs less and is more humane than allowing people to become homeless and then addressing shelter needs.
- People need safe, affordable housing before services can effectively address life issues.
- Contact Janice for more information on any of our programs or to get involved.