Proclaim the Word
Bring the Word of God to life by proclaiming the Scriptures during the liturgy.
“When the Scriptures are read in the Church, God himself speaks to His people…. They make up an element of greatest importance in the Liturgy.” General Instruction of the Roman Missal #29
If you are a registered parishioner — adult or youth—you’re invited to audition for the ministry of lector. When admitted to the ministry you will join this team-based and inter-generational ministry.
- Lectors audition to ensure that their gifts match the requirements of the ministry.
- Serve with a team assigned to a particular Sunday of the month. Team members rotate through the Mass times.
- People placed on the sub/waiting list may minister on holy days, at liturgies of the hours, and the major feasts of the liturgical year.
- Current Lectors can access the secure user group page on MyBasilica.
- After your audition and training, you’ll serve at one Sunday per month.
- Mandatory rehearsals happen the Tuesday before the assigned Sunday from 6:00-7:00pm in the church.
- Special rehearsals are held for any Lector proclaiming Scripture on Holy Days.
- Once a year, all ministries gather together for reflection and celebration