Welcome parishioners as an Usher & Greeter
Serve as an ambassador of Christ's compassion and warmth to all who enter our doors.
Serve with your friends and family:
This ministry is for people of all ages.
We do ask that you’re comfortable with people of all ages and can respond well to the occasional challenging situation. A certain level of maturity is needed.
Serve with a team once a month at the Mass time you already attend.
Current ushers and greeters can access the Minister of Hospitality secure user group page by logging into MyBasilica.
The total time commitment is very small...
- After your training, you’ll serve at one Mass per month.
- Please arrive 20 minutes before Mass. You often stay 10 minutes after Mass for clean up.
- You may volunteer to serve on holy days of obligation, liturgies of the hours, and the great feasts of Christmas and Easter. There are special rehearsals for Advent/Christmas and Lent/Easter.
- Once a year, all ministries gather together.
What will I do before Mass?
- Make sure that the worship space is free of any clutter left from a previous service.
- Greet people at the door (paying particular attention to those who may be visiting or in need of special seating).
- Hand out worship aids.
- Help people find a place to sit.
What will I do during Mass?
- You should join in the act of worship with the assembly. In addition, you will,
- Help latecomers find seats.
- Take up the offering.
- Help direct the communion procession if needed.
- Deal with any disturbances that may occur.
- Choose the gift bearers.
Please be familiar with location of the rest rooms, the nearest phone, the first aid kit and fire extinguishers.
What do I do after Mass?
- Distribute the weekly parish newsletter.
- Direct people toward any social events that may be taking place.
- Do a general clean up of the worship space to prepare for the next Mass or service.