Welcome parishioners as an Usher & Greeter
Serve as an ambassador of Christ's compassion and warmth to all who enter our doors.
Serve with your friends and family:
This ministry is for people of all ages.
We do ask that you’re comfortable with people of all ages and can respond well to the occasional challenging situation. A certain level of maturity is needed.
Serve with a team once a month at the Mass time you already attend.
· Current ushers and greeters can access the Minister of Hospitality secure user group page by logging into MyBasilica.
The total time commitment is very small...
- After your training, you’ll serve at one Mass per month.
- Please arrive 20 minutes before Mass. You often stay 10 minutes after Mass for clean up.
- You may volunteer to serve on holy days of obligation, liturgies of the hours, and the great feasts of Christmas and Easter. There are special rehearsals for Advent/Christmas and Lent/Easter.
- Once a year, all ministries gather together.
What will I do before Mass?
- Make sure that the worship space is free of any clutter left from a previous service.
- Greet people at the door (paying particular attention to those who may be visiting or in need of special seating).
- Hand out worship aids.
- Help people find a place to sit.
What will I do during Mass?
- You should join in the act of worship with the assembly. In addition, you will,
- Help latecomers find seats.
- Take up the offering.
- Help direct the communion procession if needed.
- Deal with any disturbances that may occur.
- Choose the gift bearers.
Please be familiar with location of the rest rooms, the nearest phone, the first aid kit and fire extinguishers.
What do I do after Mass?
- Distribute the weekly parish newsletter.
- Direct people toward any social events that may be taking place.
- Do a general clean up of the worship space to prepare for the next Mass or service.