Guidance on your spiritual journey
Spiritual direction helps you explore and foster your relationship with the Mystery we call God in partnership with another.
- Reflect on your relationship with the divine
- Allow God to stir your mind and heart
- Learn about your personal spirituality
The purpose of spiritual direction is to deepen your connection to God, not to solve a particular problem or work through a crisis.
Benefit from another’s insights
A director helps you honestly face your image of God, possibly distorted because of earlier experiences.
Contact Janice Andersen for more information or to meet with a spiritual director.
Retreat Centers in Minnesota
Places to spend time in prayer and meet with a spiritual director- spiritual retreat and renewal centers in Minnesota:
- Loyola Spirituality Center, 651.641.0008
- Saint Paul’s Monastery, 651.777.8181
- Sacred Ground Center for Spirituality, 651.696.2798
- Download a list of retreat centers Retreat Centers in Minnesota
“God is the primary director of the soul. A spiritual director's human efforts are to assist the soul to be open and available. Besides being a good empathetic listener and caring, compassionate friend on the spiritual journey, a good spiritual director must be skilled in discerning the constructive and destructive forces that come into play when one is responding to God's invitation to develop a deeper personal relationship. ”
– From The Art of Spiritual Direction, by Vincentia Roney, S.C.