We will be collecting food items for our partner, Groveland Food Shelf, from Saturday, September 14 to Sunday, September 29.
Collection bins will be near church entrances.
Groveland is a non-profit organization providing emergency groceries for those in need in our community. Groveland operates three programs: Groveland Emergency Food Shelf, Groveland Food for Youth, and a satellite food shelf for students of Hennepin Community: Technical College. About 2,000 clients are served per month and over 40,000 pounds of food are distributed.
Food Drive Donations:
- Food items to donate: Non-perishable food items in non-breakable containers. Items include:
- cereal (cold cereal, oatmeal and other whole grains cereals)
- pasta sauce or spaghetti sauce
- canned fruit and vegetables
- canned meats (soups, chili, beef stew)
- other canned proteins (tuna, chicken, turkey)
- beans (canned or dry)
- peanut butter
- macaroni & cheese
- 100% juice
- canola or olive oil.
- Food items to not donate: Frozen food, homemade food, or home-canned items. Please do not donate items that have expired or are in glass containers.
- In kind food items only – donations of cash or checks will not be accepted for this food drive.