Saint Ambrose Room, Ground Level
- 8:30am Gathering and Check-In
- 9:00am Workshop Begins
Centering Prayer is a receptive, deep method of silent prayer that prepares us to receive the gift of contemplative prayer, prayer in which we experience God's presence within us, closer than breathing, closer than thinking, closer than consciousness itself. This method of prayer is both a relationship with God and a discipline to foster that relationship.
The workshop will provide participants with a basic definition of contemplative prayer (in comparison to other kinds of prayer). It expresses the intention of Contemplative Outreach to kindle the contemplative dimension of the gospel.
The Introduction to Centering Prayer workshop consists of four conferences:
- Prayer as a Relationship - The intention to consent to the intimacy of God.
- The Method of Centering Prayer - Participants experience Centering Prayer.
- Thoughts and the Use of the Sacred Word - At the heart of the method.
- Deepening Our Relationship with God - Extending the prayer into daily life.
This workshop will be lead by Minnesota Contemplative Outreach—with trained presenters who have then been commissioned by the national organization to lead introductory workshops on the method of Centering Prayer.
There is no set fee to participate, though a free will offering will be made available to help offset the facilitator and material fees. It is our hope that sincere spiritual seekers, regardless of their faith tradition will join us!
For more information, or to register for the workshop, contact Janice at 612.317.3477 or email@example.com