Zoom: Can We Work Together to End Homelessness?
Saturday, January 16, 9:00-10:30am Central Time, Zoom
Addressing the issue of homelessness has never been more important.
Join leaders from our state and city in a free virtual forum about the status of homelessness in our community. Hear from people with lived experience of homelessness. Speakers will include:
- Cathy ten Broeke: Minnesota State Director to Prevent and End Homelessness
- Londel French: Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board Commissioner
- Tyra Thomas: a leader of Street Voices of Change (SVoC), an Align Mpls program. SVoC brings individuals who have current or past personal experiences with homelessness together to build community. They make positive changes in the lives of people experiencing homelessness and the systems that contribute to and keep people in homelessness.
Learn about Minnesota’s Plan to Prevent and End Homelessness—a plan that aspires to include all Minnesotans—from education professionals to business people to service providers to philanthropy to local government to concerned citizens.
- What have been the successes?
- Where are the struggles and failures?
- What are next steps for our city/state and as individuals?
Together, we can learn how to effectively get involved and work toward ending homelessness.
Registration required for this free virtual event. For more information, please contact Janice.