Like most of us, you may wonder how you might celebrate Christmas this year. Surely it will not be the same as in years past. However we can and must make it meaningful and memorable, both in church and at home, because Christmas is such an important reminder of the fact that God is with us. What was true some 2,000 years ago is true today. God still makes surprising choices and can be found in the most unexpected places.
Emmanuel, God is with us here and now, always and forever, even in these most extraordinary times. That is the very essence of Christmas.
Thank you for your interest in attending Mass in-person at The Basilica of Saint Mary in Minneapolis for Christmas.
- In these extraordinary times, interest may exceed our social distancing capacity.
- Archbishop Hebda's dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass in-person continues.
- We will also livestream numerous masses on December 24, 25 and 27 on mary.org and Facebook.
All in-person Mass attendance between December 24-27, 2020, requires pre-registration.
- We will accept one request per household, for people living at the same address.
- There is maximum of eight (8) guests allowed per household request.
- Face masks must be worn at all times while at The Basilica.
- We will also have a short health screening and no-touch temperature check for all guests.
The request process is as follows:
- You are invited to submit your top three Mass requests from the options listed in this form between December 1-7.
- We will have a random lottery for reservations and seating, and confirm your official Mass reservation by December 11.
- Note that we may not be able to accommodate your top choice.
- Seating is assigned by a random lottery; we cannot accommodate requests to be seated with other reservation groups.
- If your plans change, please let us know so we can adjust our records and honor as many requests as possible.
Please contact Melissa Streit, Director of Engagement, with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612.317.3417.
From December 1-7, we are accepting Christmas Mass requests. You can also view and print this information on this PDF .