Basilica Health and Safety
For the common good of our community.
To protect the health and safety of others, including employees, volunteers, and visitors to The Basilica, please review the following protocols for COVID-19, plus any additional viruses including colds and flus.
Do not attend The Basilica in-person if you have:
- Tested positive for COVID-19, until medically cleared per CDC and public health guidelines.
- Have any symptoms including:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Standards for all personal interactions
- Exhibit respiratory hygiene, including coughing and sneezing into elbow or handkerchief.
- Use hand sanitizer frequently, especially after touching your face, coughing/sneezing, etc.
- Communicate and respect all induvial personal comfort needs for distance, caution, and mask wearing. Clear but caring communication is appreciated. (i.e. "I would appreciate if you would step back.")
The Basilica of Saint Mary reserves the right to change these expectations, especially related to face masks, social distancing, and in-person ministry.
Our staff leadership team will use data from the COVID-19 Community Levels to determine if changes should be made, especially if risk levels in Hennepin County or the City of Minneapolis are publicly communicated as:
Data used by the CDC and outside parties to calculate Community Levels include:
- Hospital beds being used and hospital admissions
- Total number of new COVID-19 cases
- Wastewater testing
Last Updated: August 8, 2022