You’re sure to find something to inspire during your visit to America’s first Basilica
Discover this landmark building’s rich history and marvel at its awe-inspiring art and architecture. Open to the public year round.
Every visit uncovers something new.
- Walk the Mary labyrinth.
- Visit the John XXIII Art Gallery.
- Attend one of our upcoming free concerts
Discover the basilica and its history on your own using a detailed tour guide. You’ll find them in the back of the church.
The Basilica is open to all:
Monday–Friday: 6:30am to 5:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am to 6:30pm
Sunday: 6:30am to 7:30pm
Your time is precious to us. If you plan to tour, please contact The Basilica so we know you are coming. In event, that the availability of the church changes, we can inform you so that you can make other arrangements to tour.
Free tours are available year-round (except holidays and Holy Week). Freewill donations accepted.
- Sundays: 15 minute tours after the 9:30 and 11:30am Masses. Meet at the front of The Basilica Sanctuary beneath the pulpit.
- Weekdays: Group tours are available by calling 612.333.1381 or submitting a request online here.
- Note: No tours on Christmas Day, New Year's Day, Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday.
Give Us Feedback
As we constantly strive to provide a quality experience for those visiting The Basilica of Saint Mary, whether it is to tour or to worship, feedback of your experience is very helpful. Please fill out this tour evaluation so that we can acknowledge the good work that is done in this ministry as well as make improvements for other’s experience when touring.