Where to Park
West side of the church parking lot under I-94
- Saturdays and Sundays: free, with the exception of the "reserved" spots closest to Hennepin Ave.
- Parking is also free during funerals, with the exception of the "reserved" spots closest to Hennepin Ave.
- "Reserved parking" spots in this lot are marked as "reserved" and are paid spots for nearby businesses only.
- Mon–Fri: $5.00; $3.00 after 5:00 p.m.; Cash only
- Please note: some spaces are reserved for Handicapped parking.
MCTC parking ramp east of the church
- 1420 Hennepin Ave S. (north side of Hennepin Ave). A "pay-as-you-enter" mechanical system requires payment before entering the ramp.
- Mon–Fri: $5.00; Credit cards accepted
- Free parking after 4:00pm on Saturdays and all day Sundays
- Please note: $5 during special events in Loring Park including Holidazzle, Pride, and others.
MCTC Ramp entrances (from downtown Minneapolis)
- Right turn only from Hennepin Ave. It is illegal to turn left into the MCTC parking ramp from Hennepin Ave.—the Minneapolis Police department actively enforces this restriction.
- Right or left turn from Laurel Ave. 1 block north of Hennepin Ave. between 15th and 16th St. on the north side of the building.
N 17th Street One-Way
- Please note: N 17th Street is a one-way street directed North from the traffic circle around the corner to Laurel W Ave directed East.
Download/View a map of the Basilica campus.
Metro Transit Updates
The City of Minneapolis is rebuilding the Hennepin Avenue corridor between Washington Avenue and 12th Street.
The Spruce Pl bus stop near The Basilica will remain open. Visit the Metro Transit website for more information.
Information regarding road construction throughout the Minneapolis/St. Paul region as well as the state can be found on the Minnesota Department of Transportation's website. For a listing of the weekend-specific impacts, visit MNDoT website.