Begun in 1995 our popular annual Icon Festival is intended to educate parishioners and the community about the history and significance of Icons, a tradition that is centuries old yet very much a part of today's world. Catholics and Christians from different Orthodox Churches in the Twin Cities work together on the exhibit and other events. The Festival provides opportunities for the communities and individuals involved to learn more about each other through art and music.
The Icon Festival features:
- An exhibit of Icons from our own collection and on loan from families and different Orthodox Churches
- Grand processions with Icons
- Icon classes
- Visits to Orthodox Churches
- Evening prayer according to different Orthodox traditions
- Opportunities for praying with Icons
The Icon festival begins on the Sunday closest to November 1, All Saints Day and ends on Christ the King Sunday.